Since everyone else probably has the good sense to stay the heck out of Denver this week, here are a few observations by me, who has to be here for work:
Random street trees have little signs on them saying “This tree was planted in honor of the South Dakota delegates.” I’ve seen Colorado, New Jersey, Tennesee, and SD so far. I’ll grab a pic on the phone later. Oh, and I haven't noticed any trees being planted recently. Middle of the night tree planting elves, perhaps
Random street trees have little signs on them saying “This tree was planted in honor of the South Dakota delegates.” I’ve seen Colorado, New Jersey, Tennesee, and SD so far. I’ll grab a pic on the phone later. Oh, and I haven't noticed any trees being planted recently. Middle of the night tree planting elves, perhaps

I was handed a button reading “Get it on! (The Agenda)” sponsored by Trojan. Lunch time update – they’re handing out little plastic rings that say “evolve” on them. Uh… okay.
8-10 special forces swat police force cops loitering about in front of Starbucks (will there be a caffeine riot?). Lunchtime update – they’re still there. In fact, there is a group (flock, gaggle?) of riot attired police nearly every block of the mall. They definetly outnumber any protesters at the moment.

Here are a few photos of the protestors I did see. The orange jump suits? No idea; perhaps they were protesting against the color orange. No slogan, no chant, no signs. The paper hat (cheapest protest attire/signage ever) has “Save our Country” scrawled on it with marker. Hey – he’s being green!


It may get more exciting in a few hours – Mayor Hickenlooper is hosting a big ol’ party next door at one of his restaurants.

No comments:
Post a Comment