Monday, December 1, 2008

oh so ugly


This guy, who lives at the Littleton Historical Museum's 1800's Farm, is really really unattractive. And unsocial. He really didn't like me or my camera. I think it is good that turkeys at the grocery don't look like this, or we would not have turkey for Thanksgiving.
We did have Thanksgiving, however, and it was lovely. Uncle Jeff came, with a delicious pumpkin pie (I believe G'ma Rita actually made it), and spent the day with us. Mostly he played Legos with Max.
The turkey was not ugly - it was juicy, flavorful and quite good looking. I don't remember making a whole turkey before, but DH says I have. So I suppose I have.
At Max's urging, we all took turns saying what we are grateful for, and despite recent setbacks, we do have a LOT to be grateful for.
Happy Thanksgiving to All!

No comments: